Dinesh D’Souza wrote a terrific article about how Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history. Various materialists have been active in spreading their un-faith, but their reasoning is poor.
A few observations about these rabid Darwinists who consider themselves Evangelical Atheists:
- Ever notice how they focus nearly all their energy on Christianity? When will their first missionary trip to Muslim countries begin? Pack light, guys, because your trip won’t last long. A one-way ticket is all you’ll need. You’ll find out that Christians are much more tolerant than you thought.
- The Crusades included a fair amount of non-Christian behavior, so I’m not sure how you can hold Jesus and his authentic followers accountable for them. Plus, I have a firm rule about not taking responsibility for things that happened nearly one thousand years before I was born.
- They are completely blind or deliberately ignorant of the horrors of what their dream culture looked like in Communist China and Russia. Those countries had pure atheism and the near-complete obliteration of religious life. Other than the minor issue of nearly one hundred million people brutally murdered, it was a swell idea. But that was Jesus’ fault, right?
- These atheists better hope we stay religious, because our faith is the only thing keeping us from beating them to a pulp. (Just kidding!)
- Aren’t they the ones so keen to keep religion and science separated? Perhaps they should follow their own advice. They are doing a bad job of pretending that their mission is just pro-science and not anti-religion.
- If Darwin and these Materialists are right, then dominating weaker people and countries would be perfectly natural and acceptable.
- We actually have a fair amount in common with them. They think Hinduism, Islam and other non-Christian religions are false, and so do we. We just disagree about Christianity.