Hint: It is the latter, as always.
Hateful, libelous, perverted, radical pro-abortionist, false teaching, race-baiting Chuck “Jesus is not the only way” Currie claims churches are wrong for excluding people who mock the views of the church. Then again, he’s the kind of dad who sacrifices the innocence of 6 yr. old kids by taking them to gay pride parades. But hey, anything to advance Satan’s agenda appears to be OK with Chuck.
Bigotry in churches is keeping young people from the pews.
He is making a play on the UCC “ejector seats” ad that would have been clever if the apostate denomination wasn’t losing people year after year.
He links to this HuffPo article: One-Third Of Millennials Who Left Their Religion Did It Because Of Anti-Gay Policies.
But if Chuck wasn’t a child of wrath (Ephesians 2:3), he’d know that the people who left were never Christians to begin with. So the church is better for them having left. Oh, I hope they come back, once they are ready to do it on God’s terms and conditions.
The Millenials who left churches were bound to have done so for some current, politically correct reason, so I’m surprised the number isn’t higher. They probably went to churches that didn’t equip people to explain God’s view on human sexuality.
The Bible couldn’t be more clear. Bible-believing Christians and even two out of the three types of pro-gay people* (religious or not) can see these truths:
- 100% of the verses addressing homosexual behavior describe it as sin in the clearest and strongest possible terms.
- 100% of the verses referring to God’s ideal for marriage involve one man and one woman.
- 100% of the verses referencing parenting involve moms and dads with unique roles (or at least a set of male and female parents guiding the children).
- 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to homosexual behavior in a positive or even benign way or even hint at the acceptability of homosexual unions of any kind.
Some are staying away because they don’t want to participate in institutions that offer hate in place of God’s love.
No, that is a straw man argument. If you really love people you won’t affirm them in horrible choices that will destroy them physically, spiritually and emotionally. Chuck loves himself and the world, not gays or God.
Others are literally being ejected from their churches because of their sexuality.
Bobbie Pierce is an example. His congregation, Ambassador’s Bible Chapel in Newberry Township, has removed him from membership and refused him communion because he’s gay.
No, it was because he was a gay rebel, shaking his fist at God, mocking God’s word and refusing to try and change.
Their leadership says this is an act of love meant to force Mr. Pierce to change his sinful ways but homosexuality is not a sin: bigotry is.
As usual, Chuck writes the opposite of the Bible. His father is the father of lies, so it is Chuck’s native tongue.
. . . Anti-gay hate laws continue to be justified, in a form of theological malpractice, with Christian teachings. We know better. God calls us to be a just society filled with grace and not judgement.
Chuck should read 1 Corinthians 5. No, wait, Chuck should read the entire Bible.
Bobbie Pierce and others like him need to know he is welcome in God’s house.
Chuck’s house is that of the god of this world.
People who “leave” Christianity were never really in it to begin with. God’s terms and conditions are unbelievably generous, but you don’t get to change them. Authentically repent and trust in Jesus and your sins will be forgiven and you’ll have the righteousness of Christ given to you.
* The three general types of pro-gay theology people:
- “The Bible says homosexuality is wrong but it isn’t the word of God.” (Obviously non-Christians)
- “The Bible says it is wrong but God changed his mind and is only telling the theological Left.” (Only about 10 things wrong with that.)
- “The Bible is the word of God but you are just misunderstanding it” (Uh, no, not really.)