False teacher Jim “the Gospel is all about wealth redistribution” Wallis‘ organization attacked World Vision for going back to the biblical definition of marriage. They came out of the closet when Obama did and are not all gay, all the time. Via After World Vision, Evangelicals Debate Boundaries Over Sexuality:
“There are committed Christians who believe, honestly, that a few passages in the Bible referencing sexual activity between people of the same gender have been historically misconstrued,” the signers say.
Wrong. The Bible couldn’t be more clear. Bible-believing Christians and even two out of the three types of pro-gay people* (religious or not) can see these truths:
- 100% of the verses addressing homosexual behavior describe it as sin in the clearest and strongest possible terms.
- 100% of the verses referring to God’s ideal for marriage involve one man and one woman.
- 100% of the verses referencing parenting involve moms and dads with unique roles (or at least a set of male and female parents guiding the children).
- 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to homosexual behavior in a positive or even benign way or even hint at the acceptability of homosexual unions of any kind.
The problem is that the fakes and the “saved and really, really confused” people don’t read the Bible well. The love the world more than they love God.
One of the most hypocritical things about Sojourners is that they are attacking World Vision at the same time that they criticize those who moved their donations elsewhere.
* The three general types of pro-gay theology people:
- “The Bible says homosexuality is wrong but it isn’t the word of God.” (Obviously non-Christians)
- “The Bible says it is wrong but God changed his mind and is only telling the theological Left.” (Only about 10 things wrong with that.)
- “The Bible is the word of God but you are just misunderstanding it” (Uh, no, not really.)