This meme shared by the the “Christian” Left was a spectacular fail.
(Heads up: trolls, concern trolls and contrarians will be “invited” to leave the page. We’ve seen it and heard it before — and we’re simply not buying it.)
1. The “Christian” Left has to swear in their memes? Another meme today said, “Shut the f*ck up” and only commenter out of 30 had complained. Classy. Then again, they refuse to have any limits on child-killing in the womb, so what would you expect?
2. They use the same question-begging fallacy as most pro-abortion arguments, where they ignore the human being killed in the abortion. What about her choice?
Why are they anti-choice for the woman to own a gun whenever she likes, choose where her kids go to school, choose what size soda to drink, choose what the kids each for lunch (if they are allowed outside the womb), etc.?
3. The “Christian” Left is most certainly pro-abortion. Words mean things. Democrats are officially pro-abortion, not pro-choice. Why? Because they want taxpayer-funded abortions, laws requiring all health care plans to cover abortions, and no restrictions on anything, including “partial-birth abortion” (aka infanticide), late term abortions, gender-selection abortions, parental notification, etc.
From their platform (http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform ): “The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman’s right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay. We oppose any and all efforts to weaken or undermine that right.”
4. It was cute how they pre-empted discussion as well. They are so open minded and tolerant!
5. They just got through quoting this verse, then they ignore it! What about the interests of the unborn?
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4 (ESV)
They also reflexively quote verses about the “least of these” and loving your “neighbor,” while ignoring that abortion destroys both of those.
The Molech-worshipers will always be pro-abortion.
6. They claim to be pro-choice because it is none of their “da*n” business, but they simultaneous want to force employers and taxpayers to pay for abortions. See any “choice” contradiction there? Worse yet, they link to a boycott page that is mad that companies like Hobby Lobby “only” offer 16 forms of birth control. You see, they don’t offer the human being-killing kind, so that makes the “Christian” Left sad.
And of course abortion kills human beings who have already been reproduced, so birth control is another topic.
Pro-life reasoning is simple and accurate: It is a scientific fact and basic common sense (what else would two human beings produce?) that a new human being is reproduced at fertilization. Seriously, go check out any mainstream embryology textbook. I’m too pro-science to be pro-choice. Based on the settled science, it is then simple moral reasoning that it is wrong to take the life of an innocent human being without proper justification, and that is what happens during 99% of abortions.
The situations surrounding abortions are psychologically complex (pressures on the mother to abort, economic concerns, etc.) but morally simple (you don’t kill unwanted humans outside the womb for those reasons, so you shouldn’t kill them inside the womb for those reasons). Their size, level of development, location and degree of dependency are not reasons to ignore their right to life. Arguments about “bodily autonomy” ignore the body destroyed in the abortion.
In other words, it is wrong to take the life of an innocent human being without proper justification. Abortion does that. Therefore, abortion is wrong.