- Bill Clinton does not get credit for the 90’s financial results. The Republican Congress prevented most of what he wanted to do, and they supported his welfare reforms that Leftists hate!
- There was this thing called the “PC/Internet Boom” that had just a slight impact on the economy.
- There was an artificial run up at the end of Clinton’s term (the “Internet bubble”) that burst on Bush’s watch. There were huge capital gains taxes in the late 90’s because of this.
- We fought wars because Clinton didn’t take out Bin Laden when he had the chance.
- The 2008 crisis was caused by the Left’s housing policy that Bush tried in vain to stop.
- “Tax breaks for the rich” makes for effective populist talking points, but when you properly translate it as “tax reductions for those who pay taxes” it loses some steam.