False teachers and their deceived flocks reflexively utter the title when you remind them of what Jesus said about men, women and marriage. Note how Jesus defeats oxymoronic “same-sex marriage,” same-sex parenting, “transgenderism,” polygamy and even Darwinian evolution arguments in this one simple passage. No true follower of him should disagree on any of those topics. Emphasis added for the “Christian” Left wolves who deny the simplest biological and Christian truths:
Matthew 19:4–5 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?”
Jesus is still asking them that question today, and the answer from the “Christian” Left is, “No, we haven’t read that” or “We read that but didn’t like it so we ‘know’ He didn’t really say that” or “but He was talking about divorce!”
Yes, technically, he was responding to the Jews’ abuse of marriage by permitting easy divorce. But do the “Christian” Leftists use that teaching to fight “no-fault” divorces? Of course not. They just use it to dismiss a crystal-clear teaching on gender and real marriage and the ignore the teaching on divorce as they do nearly everything He said.
The Pharisees were pretty rebellious and wicked, but even they didn’t push “same-sex marriage” and gender confusion. It took the “Christian” Left a couple thousand years — and a lot of help from Satan – to come up with those perversions of God’s created order.
The Pharisees got part of marriage wrong, so Jesus reminded them of God’s ideals for marriage. So the passage applies to all questions of marriage, not just about divorce.
As always, the Bible couldn’t be more clear. Bible-believing Christians and even two out of the three types of pro-LGBTQX people* (religious or not) can see these truths:
- 100% of the verses addressing homosexual behavior describe it as sin in the clearest and strongest possible terms.
- 100% of the verses referring to God’s ideal for marriage involve one man and one woman.
- 100% of the verses referencing parenting involve moms and dads with unique roles (or at least a set of male and female parents guiding the children).
- 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to homosexual, bisexual or “trans” behavior in a positive or even benign way or even hint at the acceptability of homosexual unions of any kind. There are no exceptions for “committed” relationships.
- 0% of 31,173 Bible verses refer to LGBT couples parenting children.
Having said that, I believe that Christians should support and encourage those who are fighting same-sex attraction. And no one needs to grandstand on the issue before getting to the Good News of the cross.
Don’t let the “Christian” Left get away with dismissing such a spectacularly clear passage.
* The three general types of pro-gay theology people:
1. “The Bible says homosexuality is wrong but it isn’t the word of God.” (Obviously non-Christians)
2. “The Bible says it is wrong but God changed his mind and is only telling the theological Left.” (Only about 10 things wrong with that.)
3. “The Bible is the word of God but you are just misunderstanding it” (Uh, no, not really.)