The title is such a Captain Obvious kind of economic statement, founded on the simple and timeless impact of the law of supply and demand, that it should go without saying. But because Leftists literally fail at basic economic concepts and throw low economic status minorities under the bus to pander to illegal aliens, it needs to be repeated over and over.
The Left pretends that the only jobs that illegal aliens take are those of picking crops and such (as if that would justify them breaking the law). But here’s a recent example that I heard about in detail from an accounting executive of a company in the U.S. (I’m not being overly specific here because of confidentiality issues).
- A couple hundred illegal aliens who performed semi-skilled labor walked off the job at a U.S. manufacturing company because they heard that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was going to do a raid. (It wasn’t clear whether the company knew they were illegal aliens or not.)
- The company was understandably desperate to fulfill their customer orders, so they went to the market to replace the employees. When they did so they realized that they had to pay fifty percent more in wages. Fifty percent!
- The remaining employees who were citizens got a huge raise.
- The new employees got market wages.
- These jobs were ideal for those without college educations or formal training. They require some skill, but it can be learned on the job.
Simple and valuable lessons:
- Illegal aliens took jobs of U.S. citizens, because they were willing to work for so much less.
- Illegal aliens significantly suppressed the wages of the remaining jobs, because they were willing to work for so much less.
- Law enforcement works! What a concept, eh? We still need a wall and/or much better border control, like any sane country would have. But in the mean time merely enforcing some of our existing laws has a huge benefit for our citizens. If companies know they’ll get caught and fined they won’t hire illegal alien labor to begin with. And the honest companies won’t be at a competitive disadvantage for doing the right thing.
- Getting citizens off unemployment / welfare reduces the burden on society and has more people paying into the system.
- The Left — including the “Christian” Left — pretends to care about low income blacks while acting against their best interests 24×7. They pander to illegals to get votes so they can stay in power and reap the benefits of crony capitalism, but that means the low income minorities stay on the Democrats’ plantation.
- Obama & Co. pretended to care about blacks, but what did they have to show for it after 8 years besides higher unemployment, destroyed towns like Ferguson and the worst race relations in half a century? The Left has to constantly play the race card on Trump because he is actually helping them get jobs.
- This doesn’t even include the huge tax burden of millions of illegal aliens consuming educational, welfare and other resources.
- When the “Christian” Left tries to claim that Jesus was an illegal alien, remind them that their claim is historically false, we don’t live in an Israelite theocracy, and people who repeat that nonsense to promote open borders just for the U.S. are some combination of ignorance, malice and treason.
The working poor – which have a disproportionate amount of minorities – are already benefiting by the reduction of illegal aliens entering the country.
And, ironically, they have President Trump to thank for it.